Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Migrating from JBoss 4.*.* to JBoss 5.*.*

I started working in a company earlier this year that had most of their applications in JBoss 4.*.*. One of my first tasks was to migrate an old application in JBoss 4.2.2 to a later version of JBoss, preferably JBoss 5.

I decided to deploy to JBoss 5.1.0 and after days of incessant searching and headaches, I couldn't get it to work despite searching on the internet. Then I came across this post that detailed what could be the issues, and what do you know: It finally worked. I'm posting this here in case any of you zealous developers should ever come across the same issues:


If I may add, I realized that most of the issues had to do with the dtd in the xml files. You may want to make sure that the tags in the web.xml file are in the same order as that specified in the dtd or else it may just not work.

Good luck :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment